Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 4 ounce lasagna noodles
- 28 ounces jar spaghetti, pasta sauce or favorite homemade recipe
- 6 ounces package cooked salad shrimp, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces surimi seafood, thawed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 F. Prepare lasagna according to package directions.
- Empty spaghetti sauce into saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened and reduced to about 3 cups; stir in shrimp and surimi seafood. Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper in small bowl.
- To assemble lasagna, place half of noodles in 8 x 8 inch casserole dish. Top with half of seafood sauce and drop half of ricotta mixture by small teaspoonsful on top. Sprinkle with half of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
meal type: Entre, Kid-Friendly
November is a great time to have friends over for a Saturday night dinner party. Our seafood lasagna is low in fat and calories for your guests who are watching their waistlines.or saving room for dessert. Serve with a tossed salad and some good crusty bread. Enjoy!
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.