Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Roasted Pepper and Tortellini Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced (1/2 pound)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 29 oz chicken broth (two 14.5-ounce cans)
- 12 oz roasted red peppers (one jar), blended
- 12 oz tortellini, cheese-filled (fresh or frozen)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onions, sauting for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saut until golden brown.
- Stir in Italian seasonings and chicken broth.
- While broth is heating, place roasted red peppers and their liquid in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add pureed peppers to chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in tortellini and cook uncovered until tortellini is done (about 4 to 8 minutes).
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.