Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Roasted Chicken with Potatoes, Fennel, and Onions
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1/4-inch wedges (save tops for garnish)
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Scrub potatoes with vegetable brush under cold running water. Cut into -inch wedges and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a bowl, mix together the fennel, onions, garlic, chicken, oil, rosemary, fennel seeds, salt, and pepper and toss to mix; set aside. Lift out the chicken and set aside.
- Arrange potatoes evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Arrange chicken on top of the potato mixture.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in the vegetables.
- Return to oven and cook until vegetables are browned and tender, about 20 minutes longer.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the thigh should read 175F. Discard chicken skin before serving.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.