Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Northarvest Three-Can Chili
- 1 15 oz can pinto or kidney beans
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes, diced, whole or stewed
- 1 15 oz can corn
- 2 to 3 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp oregano (optional)
- 2 tsp onion powder OR 1 onion chopped and sauted (optional)
- Pour cans of beans, tomatoes, and corn with liquid into a medium-sized pan. If whole tomatoes are used, cut tomatoes into pieces before adding; stir.
- Add chili powder, and optional spices and onion, as desired.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Taste; add more chili powder teaspoon at a time, if desired.
- Serve with crackers or cornbread.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.