Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Lemony Shrimp Skillet
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, whole
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 green pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced lengthwise
- 5 stalks bok choy, greens removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- Heat olive oil in a saut pan. As oil is heating, smash the garlic cloves with the side of a knife blade. Add smashed cloves to the oil and let cook for a minute. Add shrimp to pan.
- Let the shrimp cook until it’s bright pink. Add the green peppers, bok choy, mushrooms and onions. Stir frequently.
- Turn down the flame, add the lemon juice and liberal amount of ground pepper. Add salt to taste. Serve over cooked rice.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.