Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Lemon Pepper Roast Chicken
- 2 lb roasting chicken
- 2 large lemons (or 4 small lemons)
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch onion powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Clean chicken and pat dry. If you have the time, put the chicken in the refrigerator for a few hours to continue to let the skin dry.
- Slice the lemons into wedges. Sprinkle the chicken all over, including the cavity, with garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and lots of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Fill the cavity of the chicken with the lemon wedges and place a few wedges on top.
- Roast uncovered until the internal temperature of the chicken's breast is 160F.
- Remove the chicken and cover with aluminum foil for at least 15 minutes before carving. Allow internal temperature to raise to 165F. Serve with a fresh salad and enjoy!
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.