Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Lemon Coffee Cake
- Streusel1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Coffee Cake2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 6 oz container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbs freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Glaze1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
- For streusel: In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in coconut.
- For coffee cake: In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients, except lemon curd, and beat until well combined.
- Butter and flour a springform pan. Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle on half of the streusel topping and spread on the lemon curd, to within a 1/2 inch of the edges. Spoon on remaining dough and remaining streusel.
- Bake at 350F for 50 to 60 minutes, until golden brown and set. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan.
- For glaze: While cake cools, stir together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and water. Drizzle on top of coffee cake and let cool completely.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.