Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Lamb and Asparagus Sandwich with Caper-Herb Sauce
- 2 lbs lamb top round
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- salt, as needed
- 24 jumbo fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 oblong sandwich rolls, split
- Caper-Herb Sauce:2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped cornichons (tart, French pickled gherkins), optional
- 2 tsp thinly sliced chives
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped finely
- Rub lamb with oil, garlic, and salt. Roast in a shallow roasting pan at 375F until it reaches 130F on an instant-read meat thermometer, about 40 minutes, for medium rare. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, put asparagus into a large skillet of salted, boiling water. Boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool.
- Thinly slice lamb; divideinto 6 portions.
- Caper-Herb SauceThoroughly combine mayonnaise with remaining sauce ingredients. Sauce can be made up to 1 day ahead, store tightly sealed in the refrigerator.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread 1 tablespoon reserved sauce on each side of cut rolls. Layer lamb and asparagus on bottom of rolls, interspersing asparagus between slices of lamb. Cover sandwiches with tops; cut in half diagonally.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.