Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Know Your Roots Salad
- 3 golden beets and stems
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup dry wheat berries
- 2 Tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbs olive oil (plus 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 grinds black pepper
- Cut greens off beets. Loosely wrap beets in foil and bake at 425F for 45 minutes. Allow to cool and peel the skin off. Chop.
- Chop sweet potato and rub with 1 Tbs olive oil, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Bake with beets for 45 minutes.
- Combine wheat berries with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 45 minutes, until tender.
- Saut beet greens in 1 tsp olive oil and 1 clove garlic.
- Combine beets, sweet potato, wheat berries, beet greens, and sunflower seeds in a bowl.
- Combine maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, 1 clove garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar. Shake to combine.
- Pour over salad.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.