Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Italian Chicken Patties
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 8 oz can, tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 12 slices French bread
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Orange slices (garnish)
- Parsley sprigs (garnish)
- In small saucepan, mix together tomato sauce, basil, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes; set aside.
- In large bowl, place ground chicken, Italian sausage, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix and shape into thin, oval patties.
- In a large frying pan lightly sprayed with cooking oil, place chicken patties. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning once; remove and keep warm.
- In same frying pan, saut onions until tender.
- On each of the six slices of bread, place one slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Top with chicken patty, onion slices, and Swiss cheese. Place remaining slice of bread on top of each and butter outsides.
- Cook on griddle over medium heat until brown on each side and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with twisted orange slice and parsley sprig. Serve with seasoned tomato sauce for dipping.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.