Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Tarragon Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup lowfat Greek-style or plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs fresh tarragon leaves (about 1 sprig fresh tarragon)
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 6 ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- Place the avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon, garlic, salt and a few turns of pepper in a food processor and process very well until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil the grate. Combine the olive oil and honey and brush on both sides of the salmon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the prepared grill and cook until easily flaked with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Top with a dollop of avocado sauce.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.