Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Greek-Inspired Spring Omelet
- 1/3 cup egg whites (about two eggs)
- 1 Tbs tzatziki (or nonfat plain yogurt)
- 3 asparagus spears
- 1 Tbs feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 cherry tomatoes (red, yellow, or a mix), diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, saut asparagus until tender, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg whites and tzatziki; stir to combine.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Pour in egg white and allow it to spread over the skillet surface. Cook until egg turns white; about 2 minutes.
- Slide omelette onto a plate and place asparagus, tomatoes, green onions, and feta in the middle third of the omelette. Fold the sides of the omelette over the middle to cover the fillings.
- Serve hot with additional tzatziki. Salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.