Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Ginger Coconut Lentil Soup
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups dry brown lentils
- 1 can regular coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Heat a pot over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Add sweet potato, carrots, and celery; cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, lentils, garam masala, and coriander.
- Bring to just below a boil and then reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes covered. Keep your eye on it and add a bit more water if necessary.
- Allow to cool slightly and blend soup, leave as is if desired.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.