Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillets, or steaks
- Combine all ingredients except for fish in a shallow dish large enough to hold the halibut.
- Place fish in the dish and marinate for at least two hours, turning once or twice.
- Remove fish from marinade and broil or grill for about 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total per inch (2.5cm) of thickness). Transfer fish to a serving dish.
- Heat remaining marinade in the microwave for one minute; then pour over fish. Serve while hot.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.