Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Eggplant Coconut Curry
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked millet (or fresh)
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/3 cup dried prunes (or raisins or apricots)
- 1 tsp garam masala (or a generous pinch of cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 4 glugs liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- Heat pot over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and brown eggplant for 5 minutes. Add water to slightly steam if necessary.
- Add garlic.
- Add garbanzo beans, coconut milk, millet, prunes, garam masala, curry powder, paprika, liquid smoke (if desired), and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until you feel like eating.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.