Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Curried Raisin Rice Stuffed Pork Rib Chops with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
- 4 pork rib chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1 7 oz bag white rice, (e.g. Success)
- 2 Tbs butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 white onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 12 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- kitchen twine
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Prepare rice according to box directions and transfer into a medium size bowl. Add 1 tablespoon butter, curry powder, raisins and salt. Mix together.
- Cut a pocket in the sides of the chops and stuff each with about 1/3 cup of the curried rice mixture. Tie together with kitchen twine. Place stuffed chops on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, until for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 F. when instant-read thermometer is inserted into thickest part of meat and not touching stuffing. Transfer stuffed chops to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove and discard kitchen twine before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and remaining tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet. Add onions and cook on low-medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- To serve, warm 4 dinner plates. Put one chop on each plate and divide onion-mushroom mixture and top chops.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.