Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Curried Potato and Pea Dosas
- 1 lb russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 pre-cooked crpes
- Chutney (optional)
- Plain, nonfat yogurt (optional)
- Scrub potatoes with vegetable brush under cold running water. Prick potatoes several times with a fork.
- Microwave on high until tender for about 8 to 9 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, peel potatoes, and cut into -inch cubes.
- In large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in curry and cumin, cook and stir for 1 minute. Add peas and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and salt and cook, mashing potatoes slightly with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
- Place one crpe on each of the four plates. Top each with of the potato mixture; roll it up. Garnish with additional chopped basil and serve with optional condiments if desired.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.