Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Curried Pork Salad
- 16 oz cooked pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked white rice, room temperature
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained and reservig 2-3 tablespoons of the juice
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In large bowl toss together pork, rice, oranges, celery, onion and raisins. In small bowl, blend reserved juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder and salt. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat all ingredients. Place salad in shallow serving bowl, garnish with peanuts.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with toasted pita bread wedges for a lunch or light supper.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.