Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 1 lb lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small tart apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 4 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Optional toppings: chopped peanuts, chutney, or coconut
- In a large saucepan with cover, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown lamb cubes stirring frequently.
- Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add onion, green bell pepper, garlic, curry powder, coriander, turmeric, and cumin.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, broth, apple, raisins, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cayenne.
- Add lamb and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Optional toppings include: chopped peanuts, chutney, or coconut.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.