Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Curried Lamb Chops with Raita
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1-inch thick, trimmed (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- Raita1 8 oz cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon peel, grated (garnish)
- Lamb ChopsArrange lamb chops in a glass baking dish.
- In bowl, combine lemon juice, onion, oil, curry powder, lemon pepper, cumin, cardamom, and ginger; mix well.
- Pour marinade over lamb; cover and refrigerate. Marinate 6 to 24 hours; turn occasionally.
- Broil 4 inches from heat source, 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with Raita.
- RaitaCombine yogurt, cucumber, mint, garlic, and curry powder; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 to 24 hours to allow flavors to blend. Garnish with 1 tsp grated lemon peel
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.