Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Cumin and Lentil Quesadillas
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 4 Mission eight-inch Soft Taco Carb Balance Tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked small lentils
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toast cumin seeds in large, dry skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant, shaking pan constantly. Transfer to small bowl, and set aside.
- Toast corn in the same skillet, shaking the pan for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to small bowl, set aside.
- Arrange four tortillas on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half the tortilla with approximately 2-3 Tbsp grated cheese, and 1/4 tsp toasted cumin seeds. Top with 1/4 cup lentils, 1/4 cup corn, and fold the other side over. Repeat for the next three tortillas.
- Put the tortillas in the oven and broil for 5-10 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and crispy. Serve with Pico de Gallo.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.