Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Creamy Potato Soup
- 6 turkey bacon slices
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 lb potato, thin-skinned, cut into 1/2-inch (1.5cm) cubes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tbs flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk, 1% lowfat
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. When cool, chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Add onion to bacon drippings and cook until translucent.
- Add potatoes and broth to pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (about 10 minutes).
- In a small bowl or jar, blend flour and milk until smooth. Add to broth and heat until boiling, stirring frequently. Boil one minute then turn off heat.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with bacon pieces.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.