Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Crab Cakes Northwest Style
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 2 cups crab meat, fresh
- 1 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 medium egg whites
- 2 Tbs lowfat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet. Saut shallots for 2 minutes until soft.
- Place crabmeat in a bowl and break up with a fork. Add shallots, lemon juice, egg whites, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup (30g) bread crumbs, mustard, curry powder and parsley. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.Cover and chill for 13 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove from refrigerator. Using a spoon and your hands, mold mixture into 8 cakes. Gently coat each cake with remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet. Fry cakes 2 or 3 at a time for 5 minutes on each side, turning very carefully. The crab cakes are done when they are a light golden brown.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.