Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Chocolate BaNilla Cake with BaNilla Creme Anglaise
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lowfat BaNilla yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (best quality, Dutch processed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- BaNilla Anglaise:1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lowfat BaNilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy scraping down sides of mixer and bowl a couple of times. Mix in eggs one at a time. Sift dry ingredients together. Add alternately with BaNilla yogurt.
- Prep bundt pan and spoon batter in evenly all around. Bake 45-50 minute. Cool. Unmold. Slice and serve with BaNilla Anglaise, fresh fruits, ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- To make the Anglaise, whisk together milk, sugar and eggs in a small sauce pan. Over low heat stir constantly until custard thickens to coat the back of the spoon and you can see steam coming up from surface of liquid. Do not boil. Remove from heat and whisk in yogurt. Serve chilled.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.