Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Chicken Pita Pockets
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 Tbs dried dill weed
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 8 large pita bread halves
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to flatten.
- To make sauce, combine ranch dressing and dill; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan; add chicken. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal juices run clear. Slice into strips.
- Stuff pita bread halves with lettuce, chicken strips, and mushroom mixture. Top with dill sauce. Serve with carrot sticks.
Copyright 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.