Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Carrot Cupcakes2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (extra for dusting)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 med carrots, grated
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 6 oz vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 6 oz plain, nonfat yogurt
- Cream Cheese Frosting8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Carrot CupcakesPreheat oven to 350 F. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Toss flour mixture together with grated carrots. Set aside.
- Combine sugars and oil in your stand mixer and mix until combined. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Add yogurt and mix well. Add carrot and flour mixture. Mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then drop oven temperature to 325F for another 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cupcakes.
- Cream Cheese FrostingCombine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature or frosting will be lumpy.
- Mix with a hand mixer on low until combined, then on high about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Spread on cupcakes when cool.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.