Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Buon Giorno Frittata
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 2 Tbs low fat milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups halved and sliced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 1(6 ounce) can olives, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup grated fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, basil, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch oven proof saut pan over medium. Add zucchini and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender. Mix in 1 cup of olives and red bell peppers, remove from heat and stir into egg mixture. Pour egg and vegetable mixture back into pan, turn heat to medium-high and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until eggs are set on the bottom. Sprinkle the top of the frittata with grated cheese and remaining olives and place into a 400 degree oven for 13-15 minutes until cooked through.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.