Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Brussels Sprouts and Red Cabbage with Bacon
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small head red cabbage, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Place the bacon and diced onions in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until bacon begins to brown and crisp.
- Add the sliced red cabbage and quartered brussels sprouts. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently until bacon is crisp and vegetables are cooked through (the cabbage will wilt and the brussels sprouts will begin to caramelize on the cut sides).
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and garlic powder. Serve and enjoy!
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.