Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 chopped tomato, optional
- Scrub potatoes well and chop into 1-inch (3cm) pieces. Boil potatoes for 5 minutes, until just tender and drain.
- Heat oil in a heavy, non-stick skillet. Add onions and cook for about 2 minutes, until they just start to turn brown. Add green peppers and mushrooms, and continue to cook for a couple of minutes, stirring the pan occasionally.
- Add drained potatoes and cook over medium heat until potatoes are crispy and brown. Sprinkle with paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped tomato if desired and stir to blend and warm the tomatoes.
- Serve with toast and fruit.
- Makes 4 servings.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.