Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Braised Greens with Garlic
- 1 lb kale, mustard greens or chard, (about 8 cups)
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- Lemon wedges
- Wash greens thoroughly by soaking in lots of cold water. Drain. Chop greens into about 3-inch (8cm)pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saut garlic for 2 minutes. Add greens to skillet. (They do not have to be dried off, as the water will evaporate during cooking.) Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring once in a while to coat all the greens with garlic and oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.