Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine), cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter or margarine by hand, or mix with an electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup of the crumb mixture for topping.
- To the remaining mixture, add baking powder, egg yolks (reserve whites in a separate bowl), milk, and vanilla. Beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Whisk the reserved egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13 x 9 casserole dish. Cover with blueberries. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned and fully cooked.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.