Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- Walnut Crust1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs water (up to 3 Tbs if needed)
- Filling1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup vanilla flavored, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Topping3 cups blackberries
- Place flour and walnuts in food processor. Pulse until walnuts are finely ground. Add salt and sugar. Add butter, in pats, and pulse until it is grainy.
- Add a little water at a time, just until the dough comes together. Press the dough into a tart pan. Prick dough with a fork.
- Bake at 350F, for 15 to 20 minutes until crust is fragrant and golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients for filling and beat with a hand mixer until well combined and creamy.
- Place filling in cooled crust. Top with fresh blackberries.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.