Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Black Thai Mushroom Salad with Lime-Jalapeo Salsa
- 2 Tbs peanut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs white button mushrooms, quartered (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lime-Jalapeo Salsa3 Tbs chopped fresh jalapeo peppers
- 2 Tbs chopped freshcilantro
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 1/2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- In a large skillet heat oil until hot. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and pale gold, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- Toss salad greens with Lime Jalapeo Salsa. On 6 serving plates, place an equal amount of salad greens and top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
- To make Lime-Jalapeo Salsa, combine jalapeo peppers, cilantro, basil, mint, sugar, soy sauce, lime peel and juice. Whisk in olive oil to combine. Stir in cucumber.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.