Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Better-for-You Baked Stuffed Shrimp
- 1 lb large raw shrimp (16-20 count), (shelled and deveined)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 whole wheat butter crackers, crushed (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lightly oil or coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- With a sharp knife slit shrimp deeply down back without cutting all the way through. Open the shrimp halves to form a butterfly shape and flatten gently with a mallet or rolling pin. Place shrimp on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add the crackers, walnuts, and lemon juice and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the crumbs evenly and place on top of the shrimp, pressing down gently. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the shrimp are cooked through, about 18 minutes.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.