Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Beef Sirloin Salad with Dried Cherries
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (approx. 1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 small or 2 medium heads Boston lettuce, torn (approx. 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Dressing1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- In medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup; cover and refrigerate.
- Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Add beef to remaining dressing; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- In large bowl, combine lettuce and reserved dressing; toss to coat. Arrange beef over lettuce; sprinkle with cheese, cherries and nuts. Serve immediately.
Cook's Tip: To toast pine nuts or chopped walnuts, heat oven to 350F. Arrange nuts in even layer on baking pan; 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.