Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Basil Lime Beef Stir Fry
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 lbs top sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh snow peas (or frozen snow peas, defrosted)
- 1 large bunch fresh basil
- 1 lime, sliced (garnish)
- Bring water to boil in a pot for rice and cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add oil to wok or large skillet and preheat.
- Salt and pepper sirloin strips. Add to hot wok. Add lime zest and juice. Cook sirloin over high heat until it is no longer pink.
- Add snow peas and cook for just a little while longer. Snow peas will deepen in color a bit. Don't overcook.
- Remove wok from heat and add fresh basil. Stir until basil is just wilted.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with lime slices.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.