Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Basic French Toast
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 8 day-old bread slices
- Beat eggs, milk, and nutmeg in shallow dish until blended. Soak 1 bread slice at a time in egg mixture, turning once, letting slice stand about 1 minute per side.
- Heat lightly greased large non-stick skillet over high heat until hot.
- Place as many bread slices in hot pan as will fit in single layer. Immediately reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, 23 minutes per side. Repeat to cook remaining bread. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2023 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2023.