Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bangkok Beef & Basil
- 1- 1/2 lbs beef round (sirloin) tip center steaks, cut 1 inch thick or beef shoulder top blade steaks (flat iron)
- 3/4 cup regular or low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 3 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp red curry powder
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried rice noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion strips (3 1/8-inch strips)
- black pepper
- Cut beef steak crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place in shallow glass dish. Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, lime juice and curry powder in small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions for stir-fry; drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile spray nonstick wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from wok. Repeat with remaining beef. If necessary, re-spray skillet with cooking spray. Add bell pepper to wok; stir-fry 30 to 60 seconds or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Add teriyaki sauce mixture to wok; bring to a boil. Add rice noodles, basil, 1/2 of green onions, bell pepper and beef; cook and carefully stir until heated through. Season with black pepper, as desired. Garnish with remaining green onions.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.