Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Balsamic Glazed Pear and Goat Cheese Crostini
- 2 pears
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 24 baguette rounds, toasted
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, spreadable
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- black pepper, ground, if desired
- Slice pears stem side up into 12 quarter-inch width vertical planks. Cut large slices in half lengthwise for a total of 48 slices.
- Heat vinegar, butter, and honey in large frying pan, over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir constantly, until reduced by half, about 2 tablespoons. Add pear slices and continue cooking for 1 minute turning once.
- Place 2 pear slices on each baguette round and top with 1 teaspoon goat cheese. Sprinkle almonds over cheese and garnish with fresh pepper, if desired.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.