Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Baked Ham with Waldorf Sauce
- 1 4-pound smoked boneless ham
- 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 2 inches stick cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 Tbs butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbs raisins
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbs water
- Ham:Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Waldorf Sauce:In a small saucepan combine apple juice and cinnamon; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon. In a skillet cook celery in butter until tender but not brown. Stir in apple juice, chopped apple, walnuts, raisins and brown sugar; cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into the apple mixture. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with ham.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.