Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bacon, Egg, and Red Potato Skillet
- 8 oz red potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup shredded, reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Scrub potatoes with vegetable brush under cold running water. Cut into thin wedges and place potatoes in medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover.
- Over medium-high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Chop two slices of the bacon. Heat a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced and chopped bacon and cook until crisp, turning slices occasionally, about 5 to 6 minutes. Lift out bacon slices to paper towel and set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook until potatoes are lightly browned and tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a small, non-stick skillet. Add egg substitute, cook 1 minute, flip over and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, until cooked through.
- Slide egg onto the potato mixture in the other skillet. Place skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle cheese over the top and sprinkle with the bacon slices. Cover and cook until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.