Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bacon-Dandelion Salad with Garlic Toast
- 2 cups bacon, diced very small
- 2 1/2 lbs dandelion greens
- 4 Tbs white wine vinegar
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bread
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Cook bacon slowly in skillet until it starts to break down.
- Wash and drain dandelion greens and place in warmed bowl.
- Pour bacon drippings over the greens, keeping the bacon in the skillet.
- Stir vinegar into the bacon in the skillet and pour both over the greens.
- Toast bread slices and rub with garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle salad with pepper and serve accompanied by toasted bread.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.