Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Asian Noodle Salad
- 6 oz Horizon Organic nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs oriental sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp hot chili oil, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp grated or finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 oz Asian-style thin noodles or vermicelli pasta
- 3 scallions, whites and greens, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin julienne slices
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin julienne slices
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into shavings with a vegetable peeler
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Combine the yogurt, sesame oil, peanut butter, coriander, vegetable oil, soy sauce, chili oil, ginger, garlic, and cilantro in a bowl and whisk to blend. Cook the noodles according to the package directions, drain, and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Place the cooked noodles, the vegetables, the peanuts, and the yogurt dressing in a large bowl and mix with your hands until the ingredients are well distributed. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.