Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Arugula, Pear, and Bacon Pizza with Honey Poppy Seed Sauce
- 1 16-oz package of pizza dough of your choice
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup asparagus, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup arugula
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 350F.
- Sprinkle a pizza peel or flat surface with cornmeal. Roll out pizza dough and place on the pizza peel. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sesame oil, honey, minced garlic, poppy seeds, red pepper flakes, onion powder and horseradish. Stir until thoroughly combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the sauce evenly onto the pizza dough. Place thinly sliced pear on top of the sauce. Add asparagus and bacon crumbles. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola. Drizzle the pizza with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and transfer to the pizza stone in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating halfway through, until the crust has browned and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and top with arugula. Cool 3 minutes before cutting.
- Serve hot.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.