Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Apple-Raisin Bread Pudding
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3 cups day-old bread slices (about 3 slices)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cook apples in butter, covered, in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine bread and raisins in greased shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Add apples and toss to mix.
- Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and spice in medium bowl until blended. Pour over bread mixture. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, in center of the oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.