Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Apple Caraway Bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, grated apples
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom of a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated apples, egg, sugar, oil, and caraway seeds.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and passes the toothpick test.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.