Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 Tbs poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 cup sugar (reserve the remaining 2 Tbs sugar), baking powder, and salt until combined. Stir in the sliced almonds (reserve 2 Tbs for topping) and the poppy seeds.
- In a second bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until everything is moistened and combined. Be careful not to overstir.
- Pour into greased or lined muffin tins. In a small bowl, combine the reserved 2 Tbs sugar and 2 Tbs sliced almonds. Sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 375F for 12 to 14 minutes for a mini-sized muffin tin and 15 to 18 minutes for a regular-sized muffin tin, until fully cooked. Use the toothpick test if needed.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.