Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Adobo Crusted Lamb Loin Chops
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs fennel seed
- 1 Tbs cumin seed
- 2 tsp coriander seed
- 2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp each fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- In a dry skillet, toast fennel, cumin, coriander and pepper for a few minutes until aromatic; let cool and grind coarsely in a spice grinder or blender. Stir in salt, garlic, oregano and lime zest. Add the thyme and rosemary to the spice mixture.
- Rub both sides of each lamb chop with about a tablespoon of the spice mixture; cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat ovenproof large skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 Tbs of oil, heating until it shimmers. Place lamb chops in hot pan and sear for 3 minutes; turn lamb to sear the second side for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place the pans into the 400F oven; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.