Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Vegetarian Pad Thai with Peanuts
- 1/2 oz udon, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 scallions, sliced diagonally into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh mung bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Combine tamari, vinegar, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk until well-combined.
- Heat 1 tsp (15mL) oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook eggs over medium heat, stirring, until set. Remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add 2 tsp (10mL) oil. Add green onions, sprouts, garlic and red pepper. Saut 1 minute. Add tofu and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet, tossing with a large fork to combine ingredients. Cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture and eggs. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately garnished with peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.