Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Rosemary Grilled Lamb Loin Chops with Cranberry and Peppered Apple Relish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 4 double-cut American Lamb loin chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- Cranberry and Peppered Apple Relish1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup apple juice, heated
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- pinch salt
- Combine olive oil and rosemary. Dip chops in mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill over medium-hot coals about 20 minutes or to desired degree of doneness: 145 F for medium-rare, 160 F for medium or 170 F for well. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Serve with Cranberry and Peppered Apple Relish.
- Cranberry and Peppered Apple RelishCombine all ingredients. Tip: This relish is best made a day ahead to allow flavors to blend.
Defrosting Lamb: Thaw frozen lamb in the refrigerator overnight or for faster thawing, use a microwave oven, following the manufacturer's directions. Do not thaw frozen lamb at room temperature.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.